I am a speech language pathologist in Washington DC with more than a decade of experience helping children, adolescents and adults. I offer comprehensive speech and language assessments, private and school-based screenings for oral language and/or reading/phonological skill development, individual and small group therapy, consultation and collaboration with parents and teachers to support a student’s ability to succeed in academic and social environments. In addition, I offer workshops for teachers, administrators and parents who seek information and strategies to provide support for students with language-based learning issues.
As a former clinician at The Lab School of Washington, a school serving individuals with learning disabilities, I have extensive experience conducting language evaluations, developing and monitoring progress on IEP goals, collaborating with teachers and working with students who struggle to learn in traditional academic settings. In particular, my expertise includes diagnosis and treatment of issues related to academic literacy: expressive and receptive oral language, phonological awareness, metalinguistic awareness, reading fluency and comprehension, written language organization, formulation and spelling.
I enjoy and value opportunities to present workshops that inform others about the significant impact that language competence plays in academic, social and professional achievement. Regardless of the specific topic addressed by a workshop, one goal is always to increase awareness and understanding of language functioning in relation to the demands of a particular setting, and another is to provide specific strategies and resources that can support those of us who work with children or adults who have language difficulties. Please refer to the Services page on this website for examples of previous workshop topics. Please let me know if you have a particular area of interest that would suit the needs of your staff or parent group.
- CCC-SLP (Certificate of Clinical Competence), American Speech Language and Hearing Association (AHSA)
- M.A., Speech Language Pathology, The George Washington University
- M.A., Education and Human Development, The George Washington University
- DC Department of Health, Health Professional Licensing Administration, Board of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology
- DC Office of the State Superintendent of Education, Speech Language Pathologist/K-12 Grade Level, Regular II (OSSE)
- American Speech Language and Hearing Association (ASHA)
- The International Dyslexia Association (IDA)
- International Association of Orofacial Myology (IAOM)